There are many ways to keep your workplace safe from potential hazards and risks. It is the employers responsibility to make sure all measures are taken to ensure the safest possible workplace for employee’s. Safety on a job site is now a requirement rather than an option and even when quoting for works on these sites, safety set up and follow through is incorporated into the labor costs. It is also the employers responsibility to ensure
- safe use, storage and handling of chemicals and dangerous goods.
- Provide a clean workplace and facilities such as hygienic eating areas, clean drinking water and clean toilets.
- Provide a safe and tidy workplace ensuring easy access to fire exits and ensure emergency equipment is serviceable.
- Ensure workers have adequate training, instructions and information on working in safe and healthy manner.
- Monitoring your workers health and ensuring the safety equipment supplied to your workers is protecting their wellbeing.
- Providing the correct safety equipment and personal protective equipment to ensure the best possible protection is in place for your workers.